Please try Importing your files on the Web!
Your data files should be in CSV, XLS/XLSX or OFX format as Wallet currently supports only these files.
For CSV files, Wallet currently supports the delimiter characters comma (,), semicolon (;) hashtag (#), vertical bar (|) and caret (^). If your file has a delimiter character other than these, you could:
- Edit the file on MS Excel, change the delimiter character to one of the above, and save it as a CSV file.
- Make a request via this form to our developers for your delimiter character to be supported in future releases.
For OFX files, Wallet supports only files that are formatted as per specifications of the Open Financial Exchange Specifications 2.2 - more information here (only open this large file on your computer, not your mobile device). If your file is not formatted so, you could:
1. Export your data in CSV, XLS or XLSX format and try importing again.
Minimum required information
For Wallet to generate a Record from your data, it must have information about the Amount and Date for every transaction. Wallet may not support your file if the data for these fields is missing. Please make sure your dates are in English or number format*.
Please note, Wallet will not be able to import your data if Income and Expenses are in the same column in your data file, they must be in different columns.
If your file has income and expenses in the same line, you could:
- Edit the file in MS Excel or any other program of your choice. Make sure that income and expense figures are in separate rows (lines) and save it as a CSV, XLS/XLSX or OFX file.
- Try uploading the new file to Wallet.
*Number format tips:
1) Import two digit months and four digit years to avoid ambiguous formats: 28/02/2011 is definitely DD/MM/YYYY whereas 1/2/11 could be any combination of day/month/year
2) We do support both decimal points and decimal commas (150,50 or 150.50), but we don't support the thousands delimiter (1000,0000 or 1000.000)
3) We support only left-to-right amount (-100.00, not 100.00-)