In August we introduced Goals in Wallet Android. Here is how Goals work.
1. Find Goals in the main menu and go to Active. Click on the plus + sign to create a Goal.
2. You can create your own new Goal or choose from the suggested savings goals here.
3. Fill in the required details (target amount, date, etc.) and click on the check mark.
4. Goals can work three ways:
i. To show how much to save each period, set the target date and amount
ii. To predict how long it will take to reach your goal, set the target amount and savings
iii. To show the final expected amount, set the target date and record your savings
5. You can Edit your Goal at any time. You can also Pause your Goal if you need a break.
6. Goals works together with Budgets. When you save extra in one of your Budgets, Wallet will ask if you'd like to put that into a Goal. (If you budgeted $100 for movie dates this month, but you only spent $40 because there's just nothing good playing, Wallet will alert you and ask if you'd like to put that extra $60 you saved toward a Goal.)
7. Remember, Wallet does not move your money for you in real life! Move your Goal money or extra Budget money to your savings or other chosen account to avoid using this money for other spending.
Create a Goal and start saving anytime with Wallet Android!