- Android (Free/Premium version)
- Web app (We recommend using the Import feature in our Web app. More info here)
To import your data file(s) to Wallet through your Android device, follow the instructions below.
- Export your data file(s) in CSV format from the source of your choice.
- Activate Import on the Account into which you want to import your file(s).
(If you do not see the Import option in your account, please check it here.)
- You’ll now receive an email with instructions. Send your data file to the unique email address mentioned in the email as an attachment. **YOU ARE NOT DONE YET.**
Remember, currently Wallet only supports files in CSV, XLS, or OFX format. To learn more, go to our article here.
- Wallet will notify you once your raw data is processed. Once notified, you can Import files by clicking on the notification or by going to the Import data section in the side menu.
- You’ll now be taken to a screen that shows all your Accounts and Import details.
The number next to the name of each Account indicates the number of files Wallet has received that are ready to be imported. See info below.
- Click on the Account you want to Import into.
- Set Import Rules. (Here)
- Click the check mark when ready.
- Wallet will now show you how the first row of your data looks as per the rules you have set. Double check your data and confirm by clicking the check mark, or go back to edit rules.
Once your data is imported successfully, you can edit Records individually. Records that Wallet wasn’t able to categorize will be shown to you and you can edit them manually. If you find some errors in the Import, we suggest that you delete your Imported file and start over again.
Can I send more than one data file at once?
Yes, you can, provided they are CSV files.
But remember that unique email addresses are generated for each of your accounts on Wallet. So all the files you send to the unique email address will be Imported to that specific account.
For instance, you have two accounts, say, Account A and Account B. You’ll have two, distinct and unique email addresses generated for each of these accounts, say Email A and Email B respectively. So, when you need to Import data files to Account A, you must send these files to Email A and when you have files to be imported to Account B, you must send these files to Email B.
If you cannot find the initial email we sent with instructions to import, you can easily find the unique email address associated for your Account by going to Imports in main menu and clicking on the Account Name in the list given.
The email address will be displayed on a blue bar at the top of this screen.
For an easier way to import please use our web version.