Planned Payments work similarly to normal Records, but with one difference: they are repeated at fixed time intervals.
You can choose from these payment frequencies:
- One time
- Recurrent payment
In the detail screen additional information can be entered (category, account, amount, etc.).
If the Planned Payment is approved, the transaction appears as a regular Record in Overview.
If you set up a Planned Payment on a specific day of the month (eg. 31st) and the month does not include this day, the Planned Payment will be skipped. Adjusting for "the last day of the month" is not yet supported.
If your Planned Payment is set up to automatic, it will still give you an option to confirm it in case you would like to do it manually earlier than its setup date. It doesn't mean it's not automatic.
You can add the card 'Upcoming Planned payments' in the Accounts section at the Home page of Wallet to easily stay informed about your Planned Payments.
Planned Payments are reflected in the Budget feature, you can also see them under "Records" normally or for a more specific search, you can select the filter "from planned payments".
1. Select "planning" > Planned Payments
2. Click the + (plus) icon
3. Create your planned payment
Options when creating your Planned Payment:
- Payment name - Choose a title for your template
- Account - Can only choose manual accounts
- Category - Assign a category to your template
- Confirmation - Manual or Automatic (Payment will wait for your approval or not)
- Start Date - The date on which your Planned Payment will start
- Repeat - If you should have a repeat period for this Planned Payment
- Payment type - Expense or Income
- Payee - The person/company to whom money is being paid
- labels - Labels help you group together income and expense Records and filter them
- Note - Add a note to your template
- On due date - Notification system (You will be notified on the day)
- 3 days before due date - Notification system (You will be notified 3 days before due date)
You can now see your planned payment and manage your confirmation dates and see the overall amount of plans you have and filter them by All, Income or Expenses.
* While using Wallet on multiple devices, some of which are NOT online, you may duplicate Records from Planned Payments. Offline devices are unaware that the Records have been generated on another device and may create new Records on their own. We recommend having all devices with the app online in order to avoid duplicating the Records.
* We advise you when creating a planned payment not to set a date in the past but in the present/future so that your planned payments are automated correctly.