Planned Payments work similarly to normal Records, but with one difference: they are repeated at fixed time intervals.
You can choose from these payment frequencies:
- One-time payment
- Recurrent payment
You can enter additional information such as the category, account or amount when you click detail.
If the Planned Payment is approved, the transaction appears as a regular Record in Overview.
If you set up a Planned Payment on a specific day of the month (for example, the 31st), but the month does not include 31 days, the Planned Payment is skipped. Adjustment for "the last day of the month" is not yet supported. But we are working on it.
If your Planned Payment is set to automatic, you still have the option to confirm it if you want to do it manually before the setup date. This doesn't mean it's not automatic.
You can add an Upcoming Planned Payments card in the Accounts section of the Wallet home page to stay informed about your Planned Payments.
Planned Payments are displayed in the Budget function. You can also view them in Records or select From Planned Payments filter for a more specific search.
1. Select "planning" > Planned Payments
2. Click the + (plus) icon
3. Create your Planned Payment
You can choose these options when creating your Planned Payment:
- Payment name - Choose a title for your template
- Account - Choose a manual account
- Category - Assign a category to your template
- Confirmation - Select Manual or Automatic (the Payment will wait for your approval)
- Start Date - Select the date you want your Planned Payment to begin
- Repeat - If you want to have a recurrence period for a Planned Payment
- Payment type - Choose between Expense and Income
- Payee - Select the person/company to whom the money will be paid
- Labels - Group together Income and Expense Records and filter them
- Note - Add a note to your template
- On due date - Use the Notification system to be notified on the due day
- 3 Days before due date - Use the Notification system to be notified three days before the due date
You can now see your Planned Payment. Manage your confirmation dates and see the overall amount of plans you have ailter them by All, Income or Expenses.
* If you use Wallet on multiple devices, some of which are NOT online, it might happen that you duplicate records from Planned Payments. Offline devices do not know that the records were created on another device and can create new records themselves. We recommend that all devices are online to avoid duplication of records.
* When creating a Planned Payment, we recommend that you do not select a date in the past, but in the present/future, so that your Planned Payments are automated correctly.